Cozean Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Screen
Pelvic floor dysfunction is very common but often goes undiagnosed! It is estimated that 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 women are leaking urine. Pregnancy puts a lot of stress on your pelvic floor and childbirth and obstetrical trauma are two of many risk factors for pelvic floor dysfunction.
Below are 10 questions. Please read each question and answer 'yes' or 'no'. If you answer 'yes' to 3 or more questions then pelvic floor dysfunction is likely and Steph (owner/instructor) would like to discuss this with you prior to your first class. Protecting and healing your pelvic floor are priorities for Peg Family Fitness!
We understand that pelvic floor dysfunction and its symptoms are personal and sensitive topics. You can choose how much information you share with Steph and the other Peg Family Fitness instructors and we guarantee that your personal information will be kept confidential.
1) I sometimes have pelvic pain (in genitals, perineum, pubic or bladder area, or pain with urination) that exceeds a 3 on a 1-10 pain scale, with 10 being the worst pain imaginable.
2) I can remember falling onto my lower back, tailbone, or buttocks (even in childhood).
3) I sometimes experience one or more of the following urinary symptoms:
accidental loss of urine
feeling unable to completely empty my bladder
having to void within a few minutes of a previous void
pain or burning with urination
difficulty starting or frequent stopping/starting of urine stream
4) I often or occasionally have to get up to urinate two or more times at night?
5) I sometimes have a feeling of increased pelvic pressure or the sensation of my pelvic organs slipping down or falling out?
6) I have a history of pain in my lower back, hip, groin, or tailbone or have had sciatica?
7) I sometimes experience one or more if the following bowel symptoms:
loss of bowel control
feeling unable to completely empty my bowels
straining or pain with a bowel movement
difficulty initiating a bowel movement
8) I sometimes experience pain or discomfort with sexual activity or intercourse
9) Sexual activity increases one or more of my other symptoms.
10) Prolonged sitting increases one or more of my other symptoms.